SWAN North American Alliance
Follow us on Twitter!
To accelerate smart water and wastewater development in North America through the SWAN Forum’s collective industry expertise and collaborative partnerships.
Why Join the Alliance?
The SWAN North American Alliance is open to all actors in the U.S., Canadian, and Mexican water sectors. The Alliance will shift towards a paid system starting on January 1, 2019, meaning anyone interested in attending future Alliance events for free, will be asked to join SWAN and obtain global membership benefits.
All Alliance Members gain access to:
- 1-4 free passes to the SWAN Annual Conference (May 15-16th in Miami)
- Access to all SWAN research reports
- Chance to become a “Lead Partner” in the SWAN NA Alliance Planning Group (see details below)
- Free pass to annual, regional utility workshop
- Free access to all Alliance webinars on regional smart water topics (View past events here)
- Speaking, exhibiting and networking opportunities
- Discounts to leading insider reports, partner events, and more!
SWAN Members can participate in the NA Alliance Planning Group divided into four Subgroups (Outreach, Events, Research, Partnerships).
Each group is comprised of diverse utility and industry leaders collaborating to advance smart water/wastewater awareness and adoption in North America.
Chairman: Gary Wong, Principal of Global Water Industry – OSIsoft
Outreach Group: Kristina Foster, Content Marketing Manager – Pentair
Events Group: Seth Cutler, Senior Industry Analyst, Energy & Environment – Frost & Sullivan
Partnerships Group: Ting Lu, Principal Technologist – Clean Water Services
Research Group: Lee Pope, Water Systems Director – Fayette County, Georgia
Rising Smart Water Professionals Group: Greg Ewing, Research Associate – Univ. of Michigan
3rd Alliance Workshop: “Canada: Leading the Way to Smart Water”
On Nov. 4, 2018, the Alliance held its 3rd Workshop in Montreal as part of the CWWA National Water Conference.
Sponsored by Eramosa, explored topics included:
- Enabling data integration and digital innovation
- The business case for smart metering
- The City of Montreal’s innovative wastewater operations
- The future of the Canadian smart water sector
6th Alliance Webinar: “Uncovering Canada’s Smart Water Solutions”
On Oct. 22, 2018, the Alliance held its 6th webinar sharing essential best practices from Canada and how these ideas can be utilized around the world. The webinar featured insights from:
- John Presta, Director Environmental Services – Regional Municipality of Durham Works Department
- Gary Thompson, Water Supply Unit Area Supervisor Process Operations & Maintenance – City of Toronto, Water Division
- Darrol Weiss, Control Systems Services Leader – City of Calgary, Water Services
View the SWAN Research Portal
A central source for smart water/wastewater case studies and industry reports, as well as excellent opportunity to share your own research.
View case studies by 7 different topic areas: Water Network Management, Wastewater Network Management, Pressure Management, Leak Detection, Energy Management, Water Quality Monitoring, and Customer Metering.